Thursday, September 13, 2012

TCM EVENT SERIES PRESENTS THE BIRDS

The first time that I watched the movie The Birds I was about 7 years old. And boy after I had seen that movie I was frighten of birds! Good thing it was for a short time that I had a fear of birds, because I absolutely love my feather little friends and can't see life without them.

Alfred Hitchcock had a way of making a simple story feel so suspenseful. And this movie is a good example of that.

Can you believe The Birds have been around for 50 years? And for one day on Wednesday, September 19th, NCM Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies, and Universal bring this American classic back to the big screen, newly restored and in celebration of Universal's 100th Anniversary. Isn't that fantastic!
I saw this film on a small television. I can't imagine how it would be to watch it on the big screen and newly restored.

Turner Classic Movies Host Robert Osborne will introduce the movie and share with us an exclusive interview he conducted with the film’s star Tippi Hedren specifically for this special presentation. Hedren will not only reveal how “Hitch” hand-picked her to play the part of Melanie Daniels but also how the movie that launched her career -- ended it.

So are you ready? The Birds is coming!

For more information and where to buy your movie tickets please visit: Fathomevents.





Copyright © 2008-2012. Time Warp Wives. A Retrotimes Productions Website. All Rights Reserved. Research Information: NCM Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies, and Youtube.

No comments: